For the last 4 years Stuart has competed in the Ginetta Challenge in his Ginetta G20 race car. Stuart is officially a ‘privateer’ – meaning that the car is prepared and maintained for each and every race by himself, family and friends. Stuart receives sponsorship from a variety of local companies – and if you would be interested in providing support for Stuart, please do not hesitate to contact us.
In the last race of the 2011 season, Stuart achieved a high enough place to take the overall G20 championship win!!
The prize for such an achievement, is to receive a brand new, G40 race car, direct from Ginetta Race cars to compete in next year.
For more information about the Ginetta Challenge, please take a look through the information supplied below. (Further information can be found at the Ginetta Challenge website)
The Ginetta Challenge Championship
A season is contested over seven weekends, supporting the British GT/F3 Championships. The championship caters for both Ginetta G40 Challenge cars and current specification G20 race cars. All weekends are double headers, providing 14 races throughout the season, with all races counting towards the final championship positions. Championship races are broadcast on the Motors TV channel, providing exposure to large numbers of people.
A typical weekend comprises of the following:
Friday: Optional testing
Saturday: 1 x 15 minute free practice / 1 x 15 minute qualifying
Sunday: 2 x 20 minute races
• Sealed 1800cc Zetec SE engine
• CAM upgrade
• Jenvey throttle body kit with cold air induction
• Lightened flywheel
• 150 bhp
• Approx. 800kg
• FIA safety cage
• FIA fuel cell
• FIA drivers seat and harnesses
• Quaife 6 speed sequential gearbox
• Quaife ATB differential
• 6 piece composite gel coat bodywork
• Front 280mm ventilated brake discs with 4 pot Ginetta billet calipers
• Rear 280mm ventilated brake discs with 2 pot Ginetta billet calipers
• Controlled Michelin slick tyres
• Heated windscreen
• Air jacks
• Passenger seat and harness
• Ginetta nominated data logging system (pre-wired)